Mid-term Submission Feedack
Mid-Term Submission Feedback
After presenting my project to my class, I realized some ways I could improve the magazine I'm creating. Students in my class gave me very good feedback on ways I could make the magazine easier to read, and better overall. Some students even recommended ways I could change my magazine pages in order to save more money in production. Below are pictures of my magazine pages as the class saw them, along with some of the ways I could improve my magazine.
Cover Page
My classmates recommended that I should change the font, font color, or placing of the articles titles on the front cover to ensure that readers can read them clearly. When looking at other magazines, such as Fine Cooking, it is easy to read the cover text. If readers can't read the text it might as well not even be there. This is an important change that I plan to fix in my revisions.

After presenting my project to my class, I realized some ways I could improve the magazine I'm creating. Students in my class gave me very good feedback on ways I could make the magazine easier to read, and better overall. Some students even recommended ways I could change my magazine pages in order to save more money in production. Below are pictures of my magazine pages as the class saw them, along with some of the ways I could improve my magazine.
Cover Page
My classmates recommended that I should change the font, font color, or placing of the articles titles on the front cover to ensure that readers can read them clearly. When looking at other magazines, such as Fine Cooking, it is easy to read the cover text. If readers can't read the text it might as well not even be there. This is an important change that I plan to fix in my revisions.

Table of Contents
Although many of my classmates liked this page, I realized from viewing other students projects that I need to include more articles in the table of contents. Since I will be adding more articles, I plan to make the font smaller and lowercase. This way I can include more articles on one page. One of the articles I plan to include is the opening on Shore Restaurant on Saint Armand's.
Article Page 1
My classmates recommended that I should decrease the amount of writing under the title of the article. This will make the page look more appealing. Magazines typically have less writing under the title, compared to the amount that I have. Making the text smaller or shorter would make it look less awkward an out of place. Including more interesting photos is another recommendation I got from my classmates.

Article Page 2
On this article page, I received the most feedback. Overall, this was the least favorite page of my classmates. The color background and fancier font didn't match the rest of may magazine. My classmates also told me that printing full color pages is very expensive when producing a magazine. The pictures on this page and the articles also need to be redone in order to make the layout look better.


Comments
Post a Comment