The cover of a magazine is very important. It should attract readers and make them want to pick up your magazine. Because the cover of a magazine is so important, I decided to take a food at several food magazines and see which ones I liked best. Overall, the magazine covers with crisp and unique pictures attracted my attention the most. The Washingtonian was one of my favorite magazines to look at because of their unique fonts and pictures. When using pictures of food for a magazine cover, it is important to make sure the food looks appetizing, and worthy of being on the cover of a magazine. This seems like common knowledge but when researching food magazine covers I came across many that looked unappealing and unappetizing. Below I have 7 examples of some of my favorite covers followed by one of the covers I did not like. These pictures will help me when planning my own cover. The good examples will should me what I should do, while the non-example will show me what not to do.
 |
| In this example, the font of the word "Breakfast" really stood out to me. Throughout my research, I noticed I liked the handwritten fonts the best. They make the magazine look unique, instead of using traditional stiff fonts. I also like how the picture is so crisp and shows the egg yolk oozing out of the egg. |
 |
| In this cover, I loved how the blank space of the table was eliminated by the black writing. Just like the first cover, the use of unique fonts really make the magazine cover stand out among others. Once again, the pictures are crisp. The use of the white font also allows the title to stand out. Even though a lot is going on, the cover doesn't look too busy, or cramped. I plan to make my cover similar to this one with the use of unique fonts. |
 |
| I like this cover because even though the picture is of the plate, the photographer made it look unique. This shot of the plate is very bright and detailed. |
 |
| My favorite part about this cover is the shot of the pancakes. I like how the syrup is dripping down. I don't like the font of the title. I think a softer font would have looked better. |
 |
| The picture of the burger, as well as the font about the burger, are my favorite parts of this cover. The picture is very crisp and stands out against the solid blue background. The use of a solid background, that isn't white, eliminates the blank space and makes the cover look better. |
 |
| These two examples are my favorites. I love the antique fonts and details. I will be using similar fonts in the same style when I create my cover. I also like how the pancakes are the main focus and stand out. The use of the orange font contrasts from the blue theme and allows the title to stand out as well. |
 |
| This cover is my least favorite. There is a lot of blank space, which makes the cover look very simple and plain. The picture of the spaghetti is also very boring and plain. Although this cover looks very clean, it is very boring. This is not my favorite cover. |
Comments
Post a Comment